We receive referral fees from the brands listed below.
A question we get often is why weighted blankets are so expensive. Our usual answer is that weighted blankets have more components and are more labor-intensive than regular blankets. Not all anxiety blankets cost like they use diamond weights, though.
YnM, a US sleep company based in Washington, has broken through the glass ceiling to offer quality weighted blankets at an affordable price. Their original YnM weighted blanket is among their most affordable options. And its 36k+ five-star reviews on Amazon is quite something. This YnM weighted blanket review discusses what makes it the go-to choice for most people and why you may want to try it.
The YnM uses a 100% OEKO TEX cotton shell filled with thousands of glass microbeads and hypoallergenic polyester fiber filling.
This blanket is comparably thinner than other models we’ve reviewed here. That’s because the polyester fiber makes up only 15% of the filling, with the remaining 85% made up of the glass beads. The idea behind this ratio is to optimize temperature management while making the glass pellets as rustle-free as possible.
We like how all the layers have been quilted into small square pockets that ensure even distribution of the glass beads. The attention to detail that goes into these stitches is notable, too, and gives the blanket an elegant design besides improving durability.
On the side are strong fabric loops meant to attach the blanket to a removable cover (sold separately). You can use the YnM weighted blanket without the cover. However, you may want to buy one to protect the blanket from everyday spillages, dust, and grime.
YnM says that this blanket is machine-washable in a gentle setting and can also be tumble dried. But in our experience, we’d advise hand-washing and line-drying to preserve its durability and extend its lifespan.
Size and Weight Options
The weight of the weighted blanket is crucial to achieving the desired calming effect without being uncomfortable and restrictive. Ideally, the weight of the weighted blanket should be around 10% of your body weight.
Unlike most weighted blanket brands, YnM offers its original model in various sizes and weight options:
The kids twin blanket measures 41”x60” and weighs 7 lbs
The twin blanket measures 48”x72” and weighs 15 lbs
The full/queen weighted blanket measures 60”x80” and comes in three weights- 20 lbs, 22 lbs, and 25 lbs
The YnM king-size weighted blanket comes in only one weight- 25 lbs- and measures 80”x87”
The YnM feels incredibly soft to the touch and will only continue getting softer and softer with each wash. However, whether it delivers the deep pressure you always hear about depends on you getting the correct weight. A blanket that’s too heavy may make you feel trapped under it. Go too light, and the blanket won’t deliver enough pressure to relieve your anxiety and help you relax.
Now, any weighted blanket will sleep warmer than a regular blanket due to the added weight. The YnM is not exceptional, but its 100% cotton shell and thin design make it more breathable than most competitors. Most of its current users, including hot sleepers, say they didn’t wake up damp or sweat-drenched as they had previously expected.
Trial, Warranty, and Shipping Information
The YnM weighted blanket comes with a 30-day trial period. You can return the blanket for a full refund or exchange it if it does not meet your expectations. All YnM weighted blankets are shipped free of charge to all 50 states. You get a 1-year warranty and lifelong technical support.
MattressVerdict.com is a mattress & sleeping products reviews website. Our website compares leading brands, provides detailed reviews about the product construction, warranty, return policy and more. We do not list all mattress brands out there, nor do we cover all aspects of brands we list. We do our best to keep the information accurate, but we can't promise you that it is. Companies often change their product as well as their prices, warranty periods and more.The best way to get accurate information is to go to their respective official websites. We receive referral fees from the brands on the website. We do our best to provide accurate information. Fees impact rankings, rating and reviews.