Casper Original MattressAdvertising Disclosure: We receive referral fees from the brands listed below. Full Disclosure
MattressVerdict.com is a mattress & sleeping products reviews website. Our website compares leading brands, provides detailed reviews about the product construction, warranty, return policy and more. We do not list all mattress brands out there, nor do we cover all aspects of brands we list. We do our best to keep the information accurate, but we can't promise you that it is. Companies often change their product as well as their prices, warranty periods and more.The best way to get accurate information is to go to their respective official websites. We receive referral fees from the brands on the website. We do our best to provide accurate information. Fees impact rankings, rating and reviews.
For more information on how we rate Click Here
- 3 support zones
- Breathable foam at the top
- Available in all foam or hybrid
Our ReviewBy MattressVerdict Team
The Casper comes with an 11-inch thickness and deep layers of foam for firm support and cushioning. Here’s a quick look at what makes the Casper original a hit amongst its users:
- Cover – Casper’s thin and stretchy cover is made of over 57 recycled bottles and is breathable enough to keep you cool as you sleep.
- Comfort Layer – The top layer of Casper Original is made of proprietary Airscape perforated breathable foam. Apart from improving the airflow and circulation to deliver a cooling effect to the sleepers, it also provides decent pressure relief.
- Support Layer – With Zoned Support as its focus, the Casper comes with a support layer of memory foam with three ergonomic zones that target different parts of the body. Softer foam is used under the shoulders to provide additional relief to the upper body. Firmer foam is used under the hips, waist, and lower back for better spinal alignment.
- Base Layer – The base is made of heavy-duty polyurethane foam, which prevents sinking and sagging and offers enough support to the entire body weight.
Exclusive - 10% Coupon - Use MV10
TOP 5 Mattresses
TOP 5 Mattresses
The Casper Original Mattress
Your sleep gets affected by the position you sleep in, and so does the performance of your chosen mattress. Here’s how the Casper Original performs based on different sleeping positions:
Stomach Sleepers – Sleeping on the stomach calls for good support and firmness, and with its solid make, the Casper Original is a good option for stomach sleepers.
Back Sleepers – If you sleep on your back and need lumbar support that offers optimal comfort, you would love sleeping on the Casper, thanks to its transitional layer of zoned support that keeps your spine well-aligned.
Side Sleepers – Side sleepers seek good pressure relief from their bed, and Casper’s comfort layers provide this along with deep contouring. The zoned layer also helps in preventing the hips of side sleepers from sinking too deep into the bed, promoting proper spinal alignment, which makes it a good fit for them.
With its signature Zoned Support, the Casper Original gives a medium-firm feel, which makes it a good bet for average and lightweight sleepers who seek comfort with pressure relief.
Value for the Money
This is where the Casper Original mattress falls behind, the materials used, the return policy, warranty and more doesn't justify the price. At this price tag, the Casper doesn't offer a great value for money.
The Casper Original is a solid product that offers fantastic support and cooling. Being a good choice for all types of sleepers, it has gained massive popularity in the industry just after launch. The price tag remained cheaper than retail alternatives but more expensive than brands offering products with similar quality.
Pros & Cons
- Good for many types of sleepers
- Provides snug body-contouring and proper support
- Good for lighter weight sleepers
- Expensive for what you're getting in return
- Doesn’t offer a lot of bounce